Katie Watson’s Easter Chocolate Cornflake treats are easy and cheap to make. And the best part? They require no oven baking and take just under 15 minutes to prepare!
225g milk or plain chocolate split into chunks
1 tablespoon golden syrup
50 g margarine or butter
12 paper cake cases
1 bag of Cadbury mini eggs
- Start by adding the chocolate into a medium saucepan, then add the golden syrup and the margarine into the mix.
- Allow it to melt over a low heat, giving it an occasional stir.
- Whilst you wait for the ingredients to melt together, place your 12 cake cases onto a baking tray.
- Add the cornflakes into the mixture and stir gently until they are evenly coated with chocolate. Use a light hand to do this to avoid overly crushing the cornflakes!
- Pour the mixture straight from the saucepan and evenly distribute the mixture into your paper cake cases.
- Once you have divided up the mixture, place 2-3 mini eggs on the top of your cakes. Try to wedge the mini eggs in between the gaps of the cornflakes to make them more likely to stick. (If you don’t have any mini eggs, you can substitute them for any mini Easter eggs you may have lying around).
- Place your cakes onto a plate and leave them to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy! The perfect treat to enjoy on a study break with a coffee, tea or hot chocolate or as gifts for friends or family.
If you enjoyed this recipe, further content can be found at Katie Watson’s personal blog.